HEALTHY HABITS... WELCOME BACK!

By | 3:00 AM Leave a Comment
by Bennii Blast 

When I arrived back in the UK for the Christmas holidays, I couldn't wait to rummage through the clothes I left behind and cram as much as I could in my suitcase ready to return the Netherlands. Imagine the shock I received when I found that I no longer fit into my cute little denim skirt or that my favourite trousers stopped half way up legs. Just tragic. Although I was pissed that I had to cross a few items off the list, it was just the wake up call my butt needed.


HEALTHY HABITS... WELCOME BACK!

HEALTHY HABITS... WELCOME BACK!

As soon as I arrived back in the Netherlands, I got down to business. I got myself a gym membership, ordered one of those home fitness DVD's that always appear around Christmas, and told those extra pounds that it's time to pack up shop and move onto the next sucker, because they are not welcome here any more. Next on the list was getting to the root of the problem. I use to be a fitness fanatic, and enjoyed exercising regularly. It seems that since I started Uni back in 2009, all knowledge of health and fitness slowly withered away. Making sure there was enough alcohol in my cupboard for the night ahead and using my student card to get free cheese burgers was pretty much my priority. Real classy.



Over the last few weeks I have slowly been revisiting the healthy lifestyle I once lived, and here are some changes,tips and new ways to stay motivated that I have adopted:

No Diets – Just Healthy Eating 



Whenever I try to start a new diet, I end up back in line at KFC desperately waiting to place an order like it might possibly be the last bucket of chicken to be made. You see, from my past experiences I have realised that when I feel like I am denying myself something – it makes me want it even more. By choosing healthier options more regularly and allowing myself a treat every once in a while, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything and feel more committed to staying healthy. Most importantly, I haven't caved in so far and binged on junk food!

Green Tea and Water

It is recommended that we drink around 6-8 glasses of water a day to gain tons of benefits. I probably drunk about 1 glass. Now I have been drinking a lot more water to promote healthy and toned skin, a healthy digestive system and make me feel fuller at meal times. Green Tea is known to speed up the metabolism and promote weight loss, provide antioxidants, and helps achieve clearer skin.

Livestrong.Com

This site has been a gift! The site allows you to track the meals you have eaten each day, as well as any calories you have burned through fitness. It provides you with a recommended daily calorie guide based on your weight goals, and rewards you with little badges along the way so you continue to feel motivated.

Vitamins!

I have stocked up on vitamins that aid in looking after the skin, hair, nails and women's general health. These include Vitamin B6/B12, Biotin, Evening Primrose Oil, Starflower Oil, Folic Acid and more. Making sure I remember to take them every day may be tricky but it's the thought that counts right?

Stock up on Healthy Snacks

This has been very beneficial so far, believe me! Those moments when you feel like nibbling on something shouldn't mean you have to pile on a load more calories with crisps, doughnuts, cookies and the rest of the clan calling you from the cupboard. Instead, I make sure there is plenty of healthy snacks like fruit, nuts high in protein, plain popcorn, rice crackers and more.

Okay, okay…so some of them we may have heard over and over again, but remember that listening and doing are two different things. Trust me – my scales said it all. I know what I should have been doing, but needed that final push to do it! Now I'm on the road to recovery and feel great =)

Have you recently taken on a healthier lifestyle? What changes have you made?


0 commentaires:

Post a Comment