3 BEST DELICIOUS FOODS FOR HEALTHY SKIN AND HAIR

By | 1:30 AM Leave a Comment
3 BEST DELICIOUS FOODS FOR HEALTHY SKIN AND HAIR


My daily salad: Organic herb salad, snap peas, roma tomatoes, tuna, almonds, sea salt, vinegar


by Sherrell Dorsey of OrganicBeautyVixen

Outside of the brownies I made Monday night I’ve been pretty strict with my new diet. I eat a salad each day either for lunch or dinner, start my morning off with a fresh green juice and oatmeal and get my run in usually mid-afternoon. My skin is loving me and my hair has never been more moisturized. Although I feel pretty healthy, I often feel the need to remind myself to stay on top of my nutrition game for truly healthy body and even better hair and skin.

Discover below the best foods for keeping your hair and skin aglow as the summer gets off to a great start…




1. Salmon

I’m a Northwest girl who grew up on seafood so getting salmon in regularly isn’t a task for me. It’s a delectable weekly treat. Loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, this protein is also filled with vitamin B-12 (great for maintaining energy) and iron. If you’re a vegetarian or simply not a seafood lover you can also get your omega-3s via flax seeds. Your skin and hair will glow and shine with energy and life. Stick to wild Alaskan and Pacific salmon which contain the lowest amount of Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) — a neurotoxic, hormone-disrupting chemical.

2. Dark Leafy Veggies 

Whip out those collards, spinach, broccoli, and swiss chard for a great source of vitamins A and C, both of which your body needs to produce sebum (your natural oils). These veggies help to keep your hormones leveled (I had to eat a lot of them as prescribed by my acupuncturist when I was being treated for polycystic ovarian syndrome) not to mention a great natural internal beauty fix to keep hair and skin naturally moisturized. Skip out on adding too much salt or bacon to the mix and opt for steaming or gently sauteed to keep the nutrients. If you’re brave enough you can also juice these and add ginger and lemon for a health drink. Be sure to get all of these veggies organic!

3. Citrus fruits

Black doesn’t typically crack but it is possible. And because anything is possible we should all step up our antioxidant game with Vitamin C from kiwifruit, oranges, lemons and lemons. And because these fruits are the least contaminated by pesticides  you don’t have to dish out the extra cash on going organic.


0 commentaires:

Post a Comment