The Story Behind my “Fitness Breakthrough” Program

By | 2:00 AM Leave a Comment


By Pamela Brown   


Even though I am a personal fitness and wellness coach, I still experience the same struggles other women face when it comes to their bodies and how they perceive it.  Even though others may think you have the best body in the world, it doesn’t matter if you don’t feel the same.


The Story Behind my “Fitness Breakthrough” Program
Fitness Breakthrough
I can be my worst enemy and critic.  But I know that criticisms won’t serve me well in the long haul.


There was a time where I completely lost my motivation to exercise.  One day I decided that it’s pointless to exercise because I’m not going to be firm and perky forever.

I began thinking about genetics- how many unhealthy, overweight people are in my family.  I began thinking about the weight control challenges women face as they get older.




I began to imagine the inner fat woman showing her face and taking over my body.  This was the first EVER I began to realize why the “lose weight and tone up” motivator doesn’t work if you want to maintain exercise.

And I began to realize that outside of the “stay in shape” reason I’ve always used to keep myself active, I didn’t know how to motivate myself to exercise!

I felt lost and frustrated; this was driving me crazy!  However, I knew that I could learn to re-build my motivation.  It was clear to me that I needed a different motivational method to exercise.

The Journey Begins

If I were to learn how to motivate myself to exercise for life and love my body (even when it changes), I needed to learn:


  • how to develop the type of motivation that inspires me to exercise regularly
  • what’s necessary to develop the power and confidence to maintain a fit body
  • how to use this information to help myself and my clients

I began to read books, anything from how to motivate to how to love your body regardless of its shape.  I knew that if I am to be happy in my relationships and in life, loving my body was NECESSARY.

After all the research, I found out the reason for my loss of motivation to exercise was not because I was lazy or hated exercise, it was because I didn’t have the confidence I needed to create AND maintain a fit body.

I also realized the role self-image plays in shaping, accepting, and loving my body.  If you don’t appreciate who you are and the gifts you have to offer, then you will not accept your body for what it is.  You also create an unhealthy body just by thinking and feeling negatively about yourself.

This created another roadblock: outside of my career, basketball athlete identity, and life roles, I didn’t know who I was!  And if I don’t know who I am, I’ll stay frustrated, lost, unmotivated, and unable to love my body.

I knew that if I’m feeling this way about my body and exercise, then others are as well.  So, I decided to create the “Fitness Breakthrough” Coaching Program.

I have a personal mission to help myself, my clients, and anyone else who need support fee great about their bodies, regardless of appearance and imperfections.

Summary

At the end of the day, true beauty radiates from the inside.  You feel significant and independent in life and in your career.  Just because you change your shape doesn’t mean you change your attitude towards yourself.

I’m so excited about the program I created because it will change lives forever.  I feel it’s time for women everywhere to take back their bodies, lives, and personal happiness.  I’m ready to provide transformations.

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment